Any suggestions of good Lua editors?

jose marin2
Hi.

Do you have any suggestions of some good Lua editors?

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

Re: Any suggestions of good Lua editors?

Andrew Fray
Jose Marin wrote:
Hi.

Do you have any suggestions of some good Lua editors?

Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/
.

JEdit with the exuberant ctags plug in can provide syntax highlighting and a function list. Tried LuaEdit many many moons ago and wasn't really suitable to my development process.

Re: Any suggestions of good Lua editors?

Erik Hougaard
SCITE and Scintilla

www.scintilla.org

/Erik

Jose Marin wrote:
Hi.

Do you have any suggestions of some good Lua editors?

Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

Re: Any suggestions of good Lua editors?

Dave Nichols
Jose Marin wrote:
Hi.

Do you have any suggestions of some good Lua editors?

Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

Notepad++ is pretty good for windows:  http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net

Dave Nichols
Match-IT Limited
Tel: 0845 1300 510
Fax: 0845 1300 610
[hidden email]
http://www.make247.co.uk

Email Disclaimer: The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments (collectively "this message") are confidential, possibly privileged and intended only for its addressee ("the addressee"). If received in error, please delete immediately without disclosing its contents to anyone. Neither the sender nor its management or employees will in any way be responsible for any advice, opinion, conclusion or other information contained in this message or arising from it's disclosure.

Re: Any suggestions of good Lua editors?

Steve Donovan-2
SciTE is a good general-purpose editor that understands Lua.

Lua is also its scripting language, and one can do really cool
things with this!

But there are some IDEs, I believe...

steve d.

>>> Jose Marin <[hidden email]> 12/01/2007 13:31 >>>
Hi.

Do you have any suggestions of some good Lua editors?

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

[hidden email].

and is believed to be clean.

Dave Nichols wrote:
Jose Marin wrote:
Hi.

Do you have any suggestions of some good Lua editors?

Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

Notepad++ is pretty good for windows:  http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net

Do you have a lua.api file for it? If not I'll try rolling my own. Seems good enough, may be able to replace JEdit.

Andrew Fray wrote:
Dave Nichols wrote:
Jose Marin wrote:
Hi.

Do you have any suggestions of some good Lua editors?

Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

Notepad++ is pretty good for windows: http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net

Do you have a lua.api file for it? If not I'll try rolling my own. Seems good enough, may be able to replace JEdit.

No, I just use it as a text editor. It can syntax highlight/fold Lua.

Dave Nichols
Match-IT Limited
Tel: 0845 1300 510
Fax: 0845 1300 610
[hidden email]
http://www.make247.co.uk

Email Disclaimer: The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments (collectively "this message") are confidential, possibly privileged and intended only for its addressee ("the addressee"). If received in error, please delete immediately without disclosing its contents to anyone. Neither the sender nor its management or employees will in any way be responsible for any advice, opinion, conclusion or other information contained in this message or arising from it's disclosure.

Re: Any suggestions of good Lua editors?

Philippe Lhoste
Andrew Fray wrote:
Dave Nichols wrote:
Jose Marin wrote:
Do you have any suggestions of some good Lua editors?

Risky question, everybody has his favorite editor!

Notepad++ is pretty good for windows: http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net

Do you have a lua.api file for it? If not I'll try rolling my own. Seems good enough, may be able to replace JEdit.

Since it is Scintilla-based, it can use SciTE's API file for Lua.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France

Re: Any suggestions of good Lua editors?

Matthew Armstrong
If you're on windows and want a full blown ide ...

... then qde works pretty well:
http://www.quotixsoftware.com/qde_index.htm

It's cheap (20 euro), and you get a project manager, and editor with autocomplete.
It also has a remote debugger, which will let you break and navigate a stack trace with variables, quite a bit like visual studio.
There are definitely some minor bugs and rough spots with qde, but it ends up working pretty well with our project.

There's also vslua, a visual studio plugin, which works mostly as advertised, but I ran into one major bug that prevented me from using it.  It's also quite expensive (normal=$100,pro=$500).

On 1/12/07, Jose Marin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi.

Do you have any suggestions of some good Lua editors?

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

Re: Any suggestions of good Lua editors?

KHMan
Hi all,

Philippe Lhoste wrote:
Andrew Fray wrote:
Dave Nichols wrote:
Jose Marin wrote:
Do you have any suggestions of some good Lua editors?

Risky question, everybody has his favorite editor!

Notepad++ is pretty good for windows: http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net

Do you have a lua.api file for it? If not I'll try rolling my own. Seems good enough, may be able to replace JEdit.

Since it is Scintilla-based, it can use SciTE's API file for Lua.

The Lua API file at the SciTE Extras page was done by me a long time ago. It is for Lua 5, but unfortunately, I haven't gotten around bumping it to 5.1. If anyone has done so, please let me know, and I will update the API distro immediately.

Kein-Hong Man (esq.)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Re: Any suggestions of good Lua editors?

mitchell-3
Hi,

The Lua API file at the SciTE Extras page was done by me a long time ago. It is for Lua 5, but unfortunately, I haven't gotten around bumping it to 5.1. If anyone has done so, please let me know, and I will update the API distro immediately.

I have added some of the new Lua 5.1 functions (labeled 5.1, and 5.0-specific functions are labeled also). Not sure if it is everything though...

http://scite-tools.googlecode.com/svn/scripts/lua/lua5.api

-Mitchell;

mitchell wrote:

The Lua API file at the SciTE Extras page was done by me a long time ago. It is for Lua 5, but unfortunately, I haven't gotten around bumping it to 5.1. If anyone has done so, please let me know, and I will update the API distro immediately.

I have added some of the new Lua 5.1 functions (labeled 5.1, and 5.0-specific functions are labeled also). Not sure if it is everything though...

http://scite-tools.googlecode.com/svn/scripts/lua/lua5.api

Thanks, I'll try to get the one on the SciTE Extras page updated over the weekend.

Kein-Hong Man (esq.)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia