Any Lua bindings for grpc?

Dibyendu Majumdar
Hi,

Does anyone know of a Lua (not LuaJIT btw) bindings for grpc
(http://www.grpc.io/)?

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu

Re: Any Lua bindings for grpc?

Marc Balmer

Am 03.05.17 um 23:22 schrieb Dibyendu Majumdar:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a Lua (not LuaJIT btw) bindings for grpc
> (http://www.grpc.io/)?

Not knowing about grpc at all I got interested in it.  Maybe it helps
you that there is protocol buffers implementation written in Lua on
github.com.

Re: Any Lua bindings for grpc?

Daurnimator
On 4 May 2017 at 17:19, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 03.05.17 um 23:22 schrieb Dibyendu Majumdar:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know of a Lua (not LuaJIT btw) bindings for grpc
>> (http://www.grpc.io/)?
>
> Not knowing about grpc at all I got interested in it.  Maybe it helps
> you that there is protocol buffers implementation written in Lua on
> github.com.

Is https://github.com/Neopallium/lua-pb currently the best protobuf library?

Re: Any Lua bindings for grpc?

云风 Cloud Wu

Daurnimator <[hidden email]>于2017年5月4日周四 下午3:31写道:

Is https://github.com/Neopallium/lua-pb currently the best protobuf library?

https://github.com/cloudwu/pbc  It's my protobuf 2.x library.

Re: Any Lua bindings for grpc?

Dibyendu Majumdar
On 4 May 2017 at 12:39, 云风 Cloud Wu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Daurnimator <[hidden email]>于2017年5月4日周四 下午3:31写道:
>>

>> Is https://github.com/Neopallium/lua-pb currently the best protobuf
>> library?
>

> https://github.com/cloudwu/pbc  It's my protobuf 2.x library.

And this one is in the spirit of Lua - i.e. - small.

https://github.com/starwing/lua-protobuf

I don't think any of these support protobuf3 - or am I wrong?

In any case looks like to get a grpc binding we need a protobuf
implementation for Lua first. In my project I am using grpc and
protobuf, and unfortunately because of lack of bindings - I call C#
programs from Lua, and all the messaging is done in C#. I should
create a grpc binding for Lua but it is a big project in its own
right, and I don't have the time or bandwidth.

It is a shame though as Ruby, Python and Javascript bindings are
available officially from Google.

Idea: Maybe this could be GSoC project for Lua?

Regards
Dibyendu