Another x64 warning

Kristoffer Danielsson
inheritance.cpp(181): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

.\src\inheritance.cpp(181) : see reference to function template instantiation 'std::pair<_Ty1,_Ty2>::pair<void*,size_t>(const std::pair<_Ty1,size_t> &)' being compiled
with
[
_Ty1=void *,
_Ty2=int
]

I believe the error lies in the return type:

std::pair<void*, int> cast_graph::impl::cast(
should be
std::pair<void*, size_t> cast_graph::impl::cast(

Has luabind+lua ever been tested with x64?

Läs och svara på mejl direkt i mobilen! Klicka här!

Re: Another x64 warning

Thomas Nelson-10

The second issue you ran into is the same one that I did a few weeks ago and has to do with a breaking change to the C++ standard (c++0x) regarding variadic templates and NULL.  Look in the archives for the thread named “Compile issue on Linux x86_64”

I submitted a patch for it a few weeks ago and I believe that Daniel has applied it to the source tree.

The first warning you encountered isn’t worth breaking a sweat over unless you are dealing with mind bogglingly large objects or offsets…

--
Thomas Nelson  [hidden email]
"If you still have gas, you're not lost".

Re: Another x64 warning

Kristoffer Danielsson
Ok, got it!
Thanks

From: Kristoffer Danielsson [mailto:[hidden email]]

inheritance.cpp(181): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

.\src\inheritance.cpp(181) : see reference to function template instantiation 'std::pair<_Ty1,_Ty2>::pair<void*,size_t>(const std::pair<_Ty1,size_t> &)' being compiled
with
[
_Ty1=void *,
_Ty2=int
]

I believe the error lies in the return type:

std::pair<void*, int> cast_graph::impl::cast(
should be
std::pair<void*, size_t> cast_graph::impl::cast(

Has luabind+lua ever been tested with x64?

Läs och svara på mejl direkt i mobilen! Klicka här!

Lämna datorn hemma! Hotmail i mobilen. Klicka här!

Re: Another x64 warning

Daniel Wallin
On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 12:20:39AM +0100, Kristoffer Danielsson wrote:
[...]
> Has luabind+lua ever been tested with x64?

Yes, but I don't so it goes unnoticed during release testing. The
warnings are harmless, but I fixed them on the 0.9 branch:

  http://github.com/luabind/luabind/commit/cf37774

Thanks for the report,
--
Daniel Wallin