Another EPOC problem

Reuben Thomas-3
Another problem, which again has a zero-impact fix (at least, I hope so!) is
that in ldblib.c, there is the following definition:

static char key1, key2;

If this is changed to

static const char key1 = 0, key2 = 0;

then EPOC is happy (because the data is initialised and constant) and there
is no obvious overhead for any other system (except that the syntax is
slightly less nice).

It would seem sensible to declare these variables const in any case, as they
are never updated...

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | RSA, n.  safety in numbers

Re: Another EPOC problem

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
>Another problem, which again has a zero-impact fix (at least, I hope so!) is
>that in ldblib.c, there is the following definition:
>
>static char key1, key2;
>
>If this is changed to
>
>static const char key1 = 0, key2 = 0;
>
>then EPOC is happy (because the data is initialised and constant) and there
>is no obvious overhead for any other system (except that the syntax is
>slightly less nice).

This has been fixed for 4.1 as follows:

static const char key1[] = "ab";

I hope this works for EPOC...

Re: Another EPOC problem

Reuben Thomas-3
> This has been fixed for 4.1 as follows:
>
> static const char key1[] = "ab";

That should work fine, as the data isn't writable, and it's initialised.
Those seem to be the two things that are problematic.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | certain, a.  insufficiently analysed