Alternative to regular expressions

Marius Gheorghe
Hello,

A while ago someone posted a Lua wrapper to a library providing an
alternative to regular expressions based search/replace. As far as I recall
the search/replace was done on patterns other than the Lua's own or regex
variants.

I spent a while searching the archive but I didn't have any luck. Does
anyone remember that posting or it's just my imagination?

Marius Gheorghe

Re: Alternative to regular expressions

Remo Dentato
Could it be my gel library (gema+lua)?

You may have a look at http://gel-tool.sourceforge.net. The latest version
(the one in the tarball) comes with a testsuite and a simple xml parser as
example.

Let me know if it's what you were looking for!

.RD.