Advice about studying the source code of Lua.

Advice about studying the source code of Lua.

孙世龙 sunshilong
Hi, list

I am a newbie in Lua.
I hope to dig deep in the source code of Lua.
I would be grateful to listen to your advice about studying the source
code of Lua.

Best regards
Sunshilong

Re: Advice about studying the source code of Lua.

Hugo Musso Gualandi
> I hope to dig deep in the source code of Lua.
> I would be grateful to listen to your advice about studying the
> source
> code of Lua.

I remember that a while ago Mike Pall wrote down a nice "reading order"
for Lua 5.1. Most of it is still valid today for Lua 5.4. A bunch of
things changed under the hood but the file names are still the same.

https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/63hth/ask_reddit_which_oss_codebases_out_there_are_so/c02ppb8/

https://www.lua.org/source/5.4/

-- Hugo