Accommodation in Frick

Peter Cawley
For those of us planning to attending the 2011 workshop, is there any
information available on practicalities like accommodation? Perhaps my
Google-fu is weak, but I only found two places to stay in Frick, the
cheaper of which (Hotel Engel) is CHF 90 per night, which seems
slightly excessive.

In a similar vein, are there any issues with planning to travel
entirely by train between Zurich airport and Frick?

Re: Accommodation in Frick

Edgar Toernig
Peter Cawley wrote:

> For those of us planning to attending the 2011 workshop, is there any
> information available on practicalities like accommodation? Perhaps my
> Google-fu is weak, but I only found two places to stay in Frick, the
> cheaper of which (Hotel Engel) is CHF 90 per night, which seems
> slightly excessive.

The city's website lists four hotels:

        http://www.frick.ch/de/vereine/hotels/

The cheapest seems to be Hotel Adler (CHF 42).

And there's a camping site:

        http://www.campingfrick.ch/

(6.50/person + 7.00/tent + 1.00/dog :-))

Note that Swiss prices already include tax.

> In a similar vein, are there any issues with planning to travel
> entirely by train between Zurich airport and Frick?

Afaict, there's a train (hourly from 06:04 to 21:04) directly
from Z├╝rich airport to Frick (no change, 52 min).

Ciao, ET.

Re: Accommodation in Frick

Marc Balmer
Am 13.05.11 03:31, schrieb Peter Cawley:
> For those of us planning to attending the 2011 workshop, is there any
> information available on practicalities like accommodation? Perhaps my
> Google-fu is weak, but I only found two places to stay in Frick, the
> cheaper of which (Hotel Engel) is CHF 90 per night, which seems
> slightly excessive.
>
> In a similar vein, are there any issues with planning to travel
> entirely by train between Zurich airport and Frick?

Well bring all this information to you very soon, probably this weekend.
 We already made hotel arrangements to get a special rate.

Re: Accommodation in Frick

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> Well bring all this information to you very soon, probably this weekend.
>  We already made hotel arrangements to get a special rate.

The Workshop page has been updated with this info:

http://www.lua.org/wshop11.html

RE: Accommodation in Frick

Thomas Buergel
>> Well bring all this information to you very soon, probably this weekend.
>>  We already made hotel arrangements to get a special rate.
>
> The Workshop page has been updated with this info:
>
> http://www.lua.org/wshop11.html

Perhaps add a link for those that want to look up train schedules (if they depart from another station than the Zurich airport):
http://sbb.ch/en/index.htm

RE: Accommodation in Frick

Thomas Buergel
> Perhaps add a link for those that want to look up train schedules
> (if they depart from another station than the Zurich airport):
> http://sbb.ch/en/index.htm

Just noticed it's already there - sorry about the noise!