About Plua menu item

KHB

About Plua menu item

KHB
Hi, I'm newby with Plua, I'm interesting about development comercial
software for Palm.
My question is: Is there any commercial version of Plua without the
fixed About Plua menu item? Or, in the other hand, know anybody if
posible to remove or hide this menu item?

Thanks

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

RE: About Plua menu item

Emil Tchekov-3
Hi,

> Hi, I'm newby with Plua, I'm interesting about
> development comercial
> software for Palm.

There are no restrictions of doing this

> My question is: Is there any commercial version of
> Plua without the
> fixed About Plua menu item? Or, in the other hand,
> know anybody if
> posible to remove or hide this menu item?

NO. Or more correctly, yes it is technically possible,
BUT:
1) It is law breakage!
2) I (and hopefully all other here) will not tell you
how to do it
3) Also think about this: Your programm runs in a kind
of Virtual Machine on Palm, so there is no problem of
showing a small hint for the Autor of this excellent
software, that you are getting at no cost.

You can also talk about this directly with the Autor
(I think somewhere in the group you can find his
E-Mail). May be he is able to provide special edition
with the changes you wish, but please do not ask us
for help on such issues.

Very best regards and many success with Plua

Emil Tchekov

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

KHB

Re: About Plua menu item

KHB
Thanks Emil.
I don't wish to break any law or autor rights.
By this razon, my first question was about a commercial version of Plua.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: About Plua menu item

migueletto

> Hi, I'm newby with Plua, I'm interesting about development comercial
> software for Palm.
> My question is: Is there any commercial version of Plua without the
> fixed About Plua menu item?

No.

> Or, in the other hand, know anybody if
> posible to remove or hide this menu item?

Plua does not offer a way to hide the About menu. Reverse engeneering
or altering Plua is also not allowed.

The effect is that all Plua applications must have the "About Plua"
menu item.

Regards,
Marcio.