LuaSocket version 1.2.1 is now available for download! It is compatible
with Lua 4.0 and has been tested on Windows 98, Windows 2000, Linux,
AIX, SunOS and IRIX.
The major improvement in version 1.2.1 is the addition of the select
function, that allows the user to wait for a set of sockets to change
status. Here are the most important changes:
* Added select support. It should be easy to implement servers
with LuaSocket 1.2.1.
* Simplified treatment of global methods. The ~300 lines of code were
replaced by ~15 that do the same job in a faster and cleaner way.
* Added '*w' receive pattern to increase compatibility with Lua's read
* close is now allowed on previously closed sockets.
* Removed the poll method. It was replaced with advantage by the select
Incompatibilities with Previous Versions
The poll function has been replaced with advantage by select and is no
The library can be downloaded in source code from the following links:
As usual, comments are welcome!