[ANN] viLua: Interactive Lua with graphics

[ANN] viLua: Interactive Lua with graphics

Dirk Laurie-2
I've hacked together Steve Donovan's Ilua standalone interpreter (as
improved by Chris Rixon) and the Löve 2D game platform to make a Lua
with graphics capabilities.  The name viLua seems not to be taken yet.

Like all Löve games, the code is distributed as a zipfile with the
extension `.love`.  Unzip it in a new directory and look at
README.txt.

You can get Löve from love2d.org.

Dirk

vilua.love (15K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] viLua: Interactive Lua with graphics

Elias Barrionovo
Sounds cool. But I didn't like the name though, since it sounds to me
like something to do with vi or vim.

When I have time I'll download and try it out.

NI!

Re: [ANN] viLua: Interactive Lua with graphics

Xavier Wang
I tried it out on Windows with love 0.7.2, but it exited quietly, the
exit code is 0...

2011/11/21 Xavier Wang <[hidden email]>:
> I tried it out on Windows with love 0.7.2, but it exited quietly, the
> exit code is 0...

I tested it on love.exe under Wine, and it works if one has vcrun2008
installed via winetricks.

But I do stll have a computer with a legal copy of XP on it, and it is as
you say there too.

In fact, this minimal Löve "game":

~~~~ hello/main.lua
print "hello"
~~~~

when run by "love hello" in a command shell under XP also fails to
print "hello" in the shell.

Dirk

Re: [ANN] viLua: Interactive Lua with graphics

Dirk Laurie-2
2011/11/21 Dirk Laurie <[hidden email]>:
> 2011/11/21 Xavier Wang <[hidden email]>:
>> I tried it out on Windows with love 0.7.2, but it exited quietly, the
>> exit code is 0...
>
> I tested it on love.exe under Wine, and it works if one has vcrun2008
> installed via winetricks.

When all else fails, RTFM!

The Love documentation reveals two ways to get console I/O under
Windows.

1. Run as `love --console vilua.love`
2. Put `function love.conf(t) t.console = true end`  in main.lua.

Dirk