[ANN] luaposix 5.1.21 released

Reuben Thomas-5
I am happy to announce the release of luaposix 5.1.21,
Lua bindings for POSIX (including curses).

This release adds comprehensive documentation for the posix module, from
Steve Donovan and Natanael Copa. It makes one small change: rpoll now uses
file descriptors, not Lua file objects (hence, via fileno, it can use
both). Perhaps most importantly, it marks a change of maintainer, from
Reuben Thomas to Alexander Nikolaev. Thanks very much to Alexander for
agreeing to take over. Luaposix has garnered considerable interest in
recent months, and more contributors have stepped forwards with patches.
Alexander will help to oversee a maturing API, coordinate ongoing
improvements and additions, and help ensure that luaposix doesn't fall back
into disrepair as it has several times in the past.

Download it from
https://github.com/downloads/rrthomas/luaposix/luaposix-5.1.21.tar.gz
luaposix's home page is at https://github.com/rrthomas/luaposix

Re: [ANN] luaposix 5.1.21 released

David Favro

Re: [ANN] luaposix 5.1.21 released

Rena

On 2012-09-10 5:21 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
It makes one small change: rpoll now uses
> file descriptors, not Lua file objects (hence, via fileno, it can use
> both).

Why can't it accept either?

Re: [ANN] luaposix 5.1.21 released

Jeff Pohlmeyer
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am happy to announce the release of luaposix 5.1.21,
> Lua bindings for POSIX (including curses).

Thanks Reuben, et al for all your work on luaposix. If I was
stranded on a desert island with only one Lua module, this
would be the one I would choose.

 - Jeff