[ANN] lua-Harness : a Lua/LuaJIT test suite

[ANN] lua-Harness : a Lua/LuaJIT test suite

François Perrad
This test suite was previously included in the project lua-TestMore.
Now, it has its own repository : https://framagit.org/fperrad/lua-Harness

It doesn't require the TestMore library, a minimal test library is included (tap.lua).
Variants for various Lua (5.1, 5.2, 5.3, ...) are now merged in a single test suite.
The features included (ie. compiled) in a Lua interpreter could be selected via a config file (profile.lua)
LuaJIT specific tests have been added.

The homepage is available on https://fperrad.frama.io/lua-Harness/
Feedback are welcome.

François

Re: [ANN] lua-Harness : a Lua/LuaJIT test suite

Anton Soldatov
Hello François,

Thank you very much for your work. In my company, we've been using the suite bundled with lua-TestMore for several years to test our LuaJIT fork. Will definitely check out lua-Harness.

Only one minor issue I'd like to report. Some tests create temporary files with the same name: e.g. "foo.lua" in 301-basic.t and 303-package.t or "file.txt" in 307-io.t and 310-stdin.t. Some time ago this led to sporadic false positives in CI when we started testing with prove -j $(nproc). We worked this around by enforcing -j1 in our launcher for this particular suite.

--
Med vennlig hilsen,
Anton Soldatov