[ANN] json 1.2.11

Marc Balmer
I released version 1.2.11 of our JSON encoder/decoder (written in C,
derived from an existing library) found on github.com/arcapos/luajson.

Several minor bugs were fixed, it now encodes and decodes four byte
UTF-8 strings and Lourival Neto fixed encoding of nested tables.

- mb

Re: [ANN] json 1.2.11

Valerio

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I released version 1.2.11 of our JSON encoder/decoder (written in C,
derived from an existing library) found on github.com/arcapos/luajson.

Is this faster than:

?

I have no idea, I never compared them.  I don't think dealing with JSON data is very CPU intensive, in any case.

Re: [ANN] json 1.2.11

Valerio
Hello,
derived from an existing library) found on github.com/arcapos/luajson.

I have no idea, I never compared them.  I don't think dealing with JSON data is very CPU intensive, in any case.

If it's not CPU-intensive, why implementing it in C ?
if it is, better make it fast :-)

For large JSON files, I observed orders of magnitude differences between pure Lua and C-based implementations.
And hence I'm often scouting around to see if a new library can speed up the processing pipeline.

best,

Re: [ANN] json 1.2.11

Marc Balmer

Am 06.01.17 um 17:35 schrieb Valerio Schiavoni:
Hello,
derived from an existing library) found on github.com/arcapos/luajson.

I have no idea, I never compared them.  I don't think dealing with JSON data is very CPU intensive, in any case.

If it's not CPU-intensive, why implementing it in C ?
if it is, better make it fast :-)

For large JSON files, I observed orders of magnitude differences between pure Lua and C-based implementations.
And hence I'm often scouting around to see if a new library can speed up the processing pipeline.

best,
Wellm if you do some benchmarking, let me know.  This code is in production use, and we rely heavily on it.