[ANN] debug.lua 0.11

gz

[ANN] debug.lua 0.11

gz
Hi,

this message is to announce the availability of debug.lua 0.10.
debug.lua is a terminal based standalone frontend for mobdebug,
that runs on Linux and MacOS X and probably other Unixen. Because
it is terminal based, it is navigated only with the keyboard, but it
does feature source navigation and a display for expressions that
change as you step through the source.

New in version 0.11:

* added simple config files to change the colors used by debug.lua
* fixed a bug where the output of the '=' command was getting formatted
   on a weird (and also wrong) way

You can get debug.lua from http://www.tset.de/debug.lua

or via luarocks install debug.lua.

Rgds,

Gunnar

Re: [ANN] debug.lua 0.11

Russell Haley
On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 12:58 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this message is to announce the availability of debug.lua 0.10.
> debug.lua is a terminal based standalone frontend for mobdebug,
> that runs on Linux and MacOS X and probably other Unixen. Because
> it is terminal based, it is navigated only with the keyboard, but it
> does feature source navigation and a display for expressions that
> change as you step through the source.
>
> New in version 0.11:
>
> * added simple config files to change the colors used by debug.lua
> * fixed a bug where the output of the '=' command was getting formatted
>   on a weird (and also wrong) way
>
> You can get debug.lua from http://www.tset.de/debug.lua
>
> or via luarocks install debug.lua.

I'm having trouble finding good debugging for Lua on FreeBSD.
ZeroBrane requires some extensive porting (I got it working ONCE and
then killed my image. Paul offered to help but I don't have time to
reproduce) and the Jetbrains IDEA plugin crashes after about 3-6 step.
I'll try this on TrueOS (FreeBSD-CURRENT) and get back to you.

Russ

Re: [ANN] debug.lua 0.11

Russell Haley
On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 8:15 AM, Russell Haley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 12:58 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this message is to announce the availability of debug.lua 0.10.
>> debug.lua is a terminal based standalone frontend for mobdebug,
>> that runs on Linux and MacOS X and probably other Unixen. Because
>> it is terminal based, it is navigated only with the keyboard, but it
>> does feature source navigation and a display for expressions that
>> change as you step through the source.
>>
>> New in version 0.11:
>>
>> * added simple config files to change the colors used by debug.lua
>> * fixed a bug where the output of the '=' command was getting formatted
>>   on a weird (and also wrong) way
>>
>> You can get debug.lua from http://www.tset.de/debug.lua
>>
>> or via luarocks install debug.lua.
>
> I'm having trouble finding good debugging for Lua on FreeBSD.
> ZeroBrane requires some extensive porting (I got it working ONCE and
> then killed my image. Paul offered to help but I don't have time to
> reproduce) and the Jetbrains IDEA plugin crashes after about 3-6 step.
> I'll try this on TrueOS (FreeBSD-CURRENT) and get back to you.

Hi, this works really well so far on FreeBSD and it's super simple to
use. Thanks Gunnar!

Russ

gz

Re: [ANN] debug.lua 0.11

gz

> Am 27.07.2017 um 07:05 schrieb Russell Haley <[hidden email]>:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 8:15 AM, Russell Haley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 12:58 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> this message is to announce the availability of debug.lua 0.11.
>
> Hi, this works really well so far on FreeBSD and it's super simple to
> use. Thanks Gunnar!

Glad it works for you.

Gunnar