[ANN] ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.80

Paul K-2
I'm pleased to announce the new release of ZeroBrane Studio v1.80.

ZeroBrane Studio is a lightweight Lua IDE with code completion, syntax
highlighting, remote debugger, code analyzer, live coding, integration
with various Lua engines, and support for Lua 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, and
LuaJIT.

This release includes a large number of improvements and bug fixes and
has been tested with Lua 5.4-work versions (both the luasocket support
and debugging). Full details are
in the changelog [1].

Installation packages for Windows, OSX, and Linux are available on the
project website: http://studio.zerobrane.com. I'd like to thank
everyone who provided patches, packages, feedback, and other support
of the project!

Paul.

Re: [ANN] ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.80

Kaj Eijlers
Hi Paul,

Nice to hear a new version is out - but I think you forgot to add the link to the actual changelist.

Cheers,
Kaj

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:39 PM Paul K <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm pleased to announce the new release of ZeroBrane Studio v1.80.

ZeroBrane Studio is a lightweight Lua IDE with code completion, syntax
highlighting, remote debugger, code analyzer, live coding, integration
with various Lua engines, and support for Lua 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, and
LuaJIT.

This release includes a large number of improvements and bug fixes and
has been tested with Lua 5.4-work versions (both the luasocket support
and debugging). Full details are
in the changelog [1].

Installation packages for Windows, OSX, and Linux are available on the
project website: http://studio.zerobrane.com. I'd like to thank
everyone who provided patches, packages, feedback, and other support
of the project!

Paul.

Re: [ANN] ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.80

Pierre Chapuis
On Fri, Oct 12, 2018, at 08:03, Kaj Eijlers wrote:

Nice to hear a new version is out - but I think you forgot to add the link to the actual changelist.

(The link is in the top right corner of the home page.)

I don't use ZBS, but I have to say it's one of the most well-maintained Open Source projects I know, at least amongst those related to Lua. Congrats on the release!

Pierre Chapuis

Re: [ANN] ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.80

Andrew Starks-2

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 03:02 Pierre Chapuis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 12, 2018, at 08:03, Kaj Eijlers wrote:

Nice to hear a new version is out - but I think you forgot to add the link to the actual changelist.

(The link is in the top right corner of the home page.)

I don't use ZBS, but I have to say it's one of the most well-maintained Open Source projects I know, at least amongst those related to Lua. Congrats on the release!

--
Pierre Chapuis

I second that! ZBS is a gem and it’s the editor I recommend to people for trying Lua out. Congratulations!

-Andrew

Re: [ANN] ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v1.80

Paul K-2
Hi Kaj,

> I think you forgot to add the link to the actual changelist.

I knew I was missing something ;). As Pierre wrote, it's available at
https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBraneStudio/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
and is linked from the main and download pages.

> I have to say it's one of the most well-maintained Open Source projects I know, at least amongst those related to Lua. Congrats on the release!
> I second that! ZBS is a gem and it’s the editor I recommend to people for trying Lua out. Congratulations!

Thanks Pierre and Andrew! I've been applying fixes and adding new
functionality and have more planned for the next release.

Paul.