[ANN] ZeroBrane Studio 0.33; now with Linux support, Gideros debugging, and MOAI auto-complete

[ANN] ZeroBrane Studio 0.33; now with Linux support, Gideros debugging, and MOAI auto-complete

Paul K
ZeroBrane Studio is a lightweight Lua IDE with code completion, syntax
highlighting, live coding, remote debugger, code analyzer, and
hypertext/markdown formatting support for integrating learning
materials (examples and demos provided).

The IDE is available at http://studio.zerobrane.com/. The most recent
version implements a large number of features with several most
important ones being:

- Added Linux support (tested in 32bit and 64bit configuration on
Ubuntu and Mint distributions).
- Added Gideros debugging, auto-complete, and live coding.
- Added Moai auto-complete.
- Added syntax aware indentation.
- Added re/storing open files and interpreter when switching project folders.

Full details are in the changelog:
https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBraneStudio/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md.
Some users also tested and reported that ZeroBrane Studio and MobDebug
work with clients running Lua 5.2, which may be of interest; you only
need to use David's compat_env
(https://raw.github.com/davidm/lua-compat-env/master/lua/compat_env.lua)
to get the debugger working. This way you can run ZeroBrane Studio
(using Lua 5.1) and debug applications that use Lua 5.2 interpreter.

Thank you all for your continuing support in the development of this IDE!

Paul.

Re: [ANN] ZeroBrane Studio 0.33; now with Linux support, Gideros debugging, and MOAI auto-complete

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
Looks good! I may take a shot at a Fedora / openSUSE port now.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://znmeb.github.com/Computational-Journalism-Publishers-Workbench/

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?