[ANN] Ravi (a Lua dialect) 1.0 Beta-4 Release with JIT compilation support

[ANN] Ravi (a Lua dialect) 1.0 Beta-4 Release with JIT compilation support

Dibyendu Majumdar
Ravi (http://ravilang.org) is a dialect of Lua with multiple JIT
backends and limited optional static typing. I am pleased to announce
that the 1.0 Beta-4 release of Ravi is now available.

The main highlights of this release are:

* Generational GC back-ported from Lua 5.4
* Random number generation back-ported from Lua 5.4
* Various fixes to the implementation of 'defer' statement which is
Ravi's alternative to Lua 5.4 to-be-closed variables
* Support for LLVM 10.0 has been added
* Various updates to MIR JIT backend

For general information regarding Ravi please visit:

https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/ravi
https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/Suravi

All feedback welcome!

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu

Re: [ANN] Ravi (a Lua dialect) 1.0 Beta-4 Release with JIT compilation support

matthew
On 05-07-2020 16:47, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:

> Ravi (http://ravilang.org) is a dialect of Lua with multiple JIT
> backends and limited optional static typing. I am pleased to announce
> that the 1.0 Beta-4 release of Ravi is now available.
>
> The main highlights of this release are:
>
> * Generational GC back-ported from Lua 5.4
> * Random number generation back-ported from Lua 5.4
> * Various fixes to the implementation of 'defer' statement which is
> Ravi's alternative to Lua 5.4 to-be-closed variables
> * Support for LLVM 10.0 has been added
> * Various updates to MIR JIT backend
>
> For general information regarding Ravi please visit:
>
> https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/ravi
> https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/Suravi
>
> All feedback welcome!
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Dibyendu
Hello;

With support for the LLVM, would that make it practical to target Wasm
from a Lua/Ravi application?
There is https://github.com/ysugimoto/webassembly-lua  but I've not
tried this yet.

Thanks Matthew

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 12:04, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With support for the LLVM, would that make it practical to target Wasm
> from a Lua/Ravi application?

I don't think so.