ANN: Ophal 0.1-beta3 released!

Fernando Paredes García
January 2016 is a great time to release! so there we have the Third beta release of Ophal, which is now easy to install with Docker, got better cookie support, new defaults, more bug fixes along with other improvements.

Read on-line: http://ophal.org/release/0.1-beta3

Yup! You can install Ophal with one command:

$ docker run --name ophal -v /var/www/ophal/:/var/www/ -tid develcuy/dev-ophal

More info at: http://ophal.org/manual/install

## New features

- Add Dockerfile
- Add functions: cookie_set() and cookie_parse() and remove dependency on CGIC library
- New Javascript function Ophal.t()
- Installer: Generate file vault.lua on phase 3
- UX: Show a default message when there are no comments to load
- UX: redirect to tag page from create/edit form on submit
- Allow to localize user interface text in comment module
- Add support for settings.site.domain_name and include it into example settings
- Allow to configure the number of items per page of tag module
- Extend the tag entity. Add properties: language, description, changed.

## New defaults

New settings get added constantly, these are the new defaults:

- Move site.hash and db settings into vault.lua file.

## Bug fixes

- Bug fix: comments AJAX loader not rendered
- Bug fix: Tag edit/create page redirects to /tags route, which does not exists
- Bug fix: wrong variable check in content.js

Kind regards!

--
Fernando Paredes García

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=develcuy

** Before printing  this message, please consider your commitment with
the environment
** Antes de imprimir este mensaje  piensa en tu compromiso con el medio
ambiente

Re: ANN: Ophal 0.1-beta3 released!

Fernando Paredes García
Ophal is a Lua CMS and Web platform, more info at http://ophal.org

---- On Sat, 09 Jan 2016 01:08:04 -0500 <[hidden email]> wrote ----
 > January 2016 is a great time to release! so there we have the Third beta release of Ophal, which is now easy to install with Docker, got better cookie support, new defaults, more bug fixes along with other improvements.
 >
 > Read on-line: http://ophal.org/release/0.1-beta3
 >
 > Yup! You can install Ophal with one command:
 >
 > $ docker run --name ophal -v /var/www/ophal/:/var/www/ -tid develcuy/dev-ophal
 >
 > More info at: http://ophal.org/manual/install

Re: ANN: Ophal 0.1-beta3 released!

slayer beast
Can you install it without docker? like via luarocks?

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 9:36 PM, Fernando Paredes García
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ophal is a Lua CMS and Web platform, more info at http://ophal.org
>
> ---- On Sat, 09 Jan 2016 01:08:04 -0500 <[hidden email]> wrote ----
>  > January 2016 is a great time to release! so there we have the Third beta release of Ophal, which is now easy to install with Docker, got better cookie support, new defaults, more bug fixes along with other improvements.
>  >
>  > Read on-line: http://ophal.org/release/0.1-beta3
>  >
>  > Yup! You can install Ophal with one command:
>  >
>  > $ docker run --name ophal -v /var/www/ophal/:/var/www/ -tid develcuy/dev-ophal
>  >
>  > More info at: http://ophal.org/manual/install

Re: ANN: Ophal 0.1-beta3 released!

Fernando Paredes García
Only partially, first you need to get Ophal core, then you can install dependencies with Luarocks, then to configure the web server (since ophal needs Apache/Nginx/etc to run on top) and finally run Ophal.

More info: http://ophal.org/manual/install

Please let me know if you any issues installing Ophal, I'm here to help.

- Fernando