[ANN] Lunajson 1.0: a fast and strict JSON library written in pure Lua

[ANN] Lunajson 1.0: a fast and strict JSON library written in pure Lua

Shunsuke Shimizu
Hello,

I am pleased to announce lunajson, a new JSON parser/decoder/encoder
written in pure Lua.

Website: https://github.com/grafi-tt/lunajson
Luarocks: https://luarocks.org/modules/grafi/lunajson
To install: luarocks lunajson

Lunajson has following characteristics among many JSON libraries:

- It is written only in pure Lua. You can use it in any environments.
- It is as fast as lpeg-based modules such as dkjson.
- It supports incremental parsing on SAX-style parser API. You can scan
interested informations from large JSON files without loading whole
files into the memory.
- It works on Lua 5.1, Lua 5.2, Lua 5.3 and LuaJIT. On Lua 5.3, thanks
to built-in bitwise operations, decoding of unicode literals can be faster.
- It conforms ECMA-404, the official specification of JSON. It also
handles surrogate pairs correctly.

I am glad if you try this. Feedbacks are welcome.

Best regards,
Shunsuke Shimizu

Brigham Toskin

Re: [ANN] Lunajson 1.0: a fast and strict JSON library written in pure Lua

Shunsuke Shimizu
I tested on LuaJIT 2.0.3. I forgot to mention it clearly. I have updated
README to mention LuaJIT version.

Shunsuke

On 05/13/2015 01:15 AM, Brigham Toskin wrote:

> You mentioned you test against LuaJIT. Could you say which version(s)
> you used?
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 6:14 AM, Shunsuke Shimizu <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I am pleased to announce lunajson, a new JSON parser/decoder/encoder
>     written in pure Lua.
>
>     Website: https://github.com/grafi-tt/lunajson
>     Luarocks: https://luarocks.org/modules/grafi/lunajson
>     To install: luarocks lunajson
>
>     Lunajson has following characteristics among many JSON libraries:
>
>     - It is written only in pure Lua. You can use it in any environments.
>     - It is as fast as lpeg-based modules such as dkjson.
>     - It supports incremental parsing on SAX-style parser API. You can scan
>     interested informations from large JSON files without loading whole
>     files into the memory.
>     - It works on Lua 5.1, Lua 5.2, Lua 5.3 and LuaJIT. On Lua 5.3, thanks
>     to built-in bitwise operations, decoding of unicode literals can be
>     faster.
>     - It conforms ECMA-404, the official specification of JSON. It also
>     handles surrogate pairs correctly.
>
>     I am glad if you try this. Feedbacks are welcome.
>
>     Best regards,
>     Shunsuke Shimizu

> Brigham Toskin

Re: [ANN] Lunajson 1.0: a fast and strict JSON library written in pure Lua

Brigham Toskin
Cool. I just submitted a pull request. Feel free to cherry-pick anything that looks useful.

Brigham Toskin

Re: [ANN] Lunajson 1.0: a fast and strict JSON library written in pure Lua

Shunsuke Shimizu
Thank you for pointing out a lot of mistakes. I merged it.