[ANN] LuaRocks 3.2.0

Hisham
Hello list,

Announcing version 3.2.0 of LuaRocks, the Lua package manager.
You can find all links at https://luarocks.org
— source packages for all supported platforms and binaries for
Windows and Linux x86-64 are available.

LuaRocks 3.2.0 now uses argument parsing based on argparse
instead of a homegrown parser. This was implemented by Paul
Ouellette as his Google Summer of Code project, mentored by
Daurnimator.

Release highlights:

* Bugfix: luarocks path does not change the order of pre-existing path
items when prepending or appending to path variables
* Bugfix: fix directory detection on the Mac
* When building with --force-config, LuaRocks now never uses the
"project" directory, but only the forced configuration
* Lua libdir is now only checked for commands/platforms that really
need to link Lua explicitly
* LuaJIT is now detected dynamically
* RaptorJIT is now detected as a LuaJIT variant
* Improvements in Lua autodetection at runtime
* luarocks new_version: new option --dir
* luarocks which: report modules found via package.path and
package.cpath as well
* install.bat: Improved detection for Visual Studio 2017 and higher
* Bundled LuaSec in all-in-one binary bumped to version 0.8.1

And here's a list of all contributors who added commits to this
release: Paul Ouellette, Simone Livieri, Ivan Naiderov, Rui Xia,
François Perrad,   George Roman, FYP, Oliver Vartiainen, Tomás
Guisasola, Hisham Muhammad.

Cheers!

-- Hisham

Re: [ANN] LuaRocks 3.2.0

On Wed, 2019-08-28 at 16:56 -0300, Hisham wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Announcing version 3.2.0 of LuaRocks, the Lua package manager.
> You can find all links at https://luarocks.org
> — source packages for all supported platforms and binaries for
> Windows and Linux x86-64 are available.

It may be a bit stupid question, but why `luarocks install luarocks`
install only version 3.1.2-1 when 3.1.3 and now 3.2.0 are around?

--
v <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LuaRocks 3.2.0

Hisham
On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 at 17:15, v <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2019-08-28 at 16:56 -0300, Hisham wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > Announcing version 3.2.0 of LuaRocks, the Lua package manager.
> > You can find all links at https://luarocks.org
> > — source packages for all supported platforms and binaries for
> > Windows and Linux x86-64 are available.
>
> It may be a bit stupid question, but why `luarocks install luarocks`
> install only version 3.1.2-1 when 3.1.3 and now 3.2.0 are around?

Oops, please try again! (Assuming you originally installed LuaRocks
using `make bootstrap`, otherwise you have to use the installation
packages to upgrade.)

I also forgot to mention in the release highlights about the new subcommand:

   luarocks completion

which you can use to generate a shell completion file — it supports
bash, zsh and fish!
This was also added by Paul as part of his GSoC project.

Cheers,

-- Hisham

Re: [ANN] LuaRocks 3.2.0

Russell Haley

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 12:57 PM Hisham <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Did the BSD zip/unzip fix make it into this release?

Thanks,
Russ

And here's a list of all contributors who added commits to this
release: Paul Ouellette, Simone Livieri, Ivan Naiderov, Rui Xia,
François Perrad,   George Roman, FYP, Oliver Vartiainen, Tomás
Guisasola, Hisham Muhammad.

Cheers!

-- Hisham

Re: [ANN] LuaRocks 3.2.0

Hisham
Hello list,

A general heads-up: we have some good feedback regarding issues in
this release, so a patch release 3.2.1 should be coming shortly once
we get confirmation that the bugfixes are effective.

Thank you for understanding,

-- Hisham