[ANN] LuaRocks 3.0.1

Hisham
Hello list,

I'm happy to announce LuaRocks 3.0.1, a bugfix release in the 3.0 series.

LuaRocks is the package manager for Lua modules. More info and
download links at https://luarocks.org

What's new in 3.0.1:

* Numerous bugfixes including:
   * Handle missing global `arg`
   * Fix umask behavior
   * Do not overwrite paths in format 5.x.y when cleaning up path
variables (#868)
   * Do not detect files under lua_modules as part of your sources
when running `luarocks write_rockspec`
   * Windows: do not hardcode MINGW in the all-in-one binary: instead
it properly detects when running from a Visual Studio Developer
Console and uses that compiler instead
   * configure: --sysconfdir was fixed to its correct meaning: it now
defaults to /etc and not /etc/luarocks (`/luarocks` is appended to the
value of sysconfdir)
   * configure: fixed --force-config
* Store Lua location in config file, so that a user can run `luarocks
init --lua-dir=/my/lua/location` and have that location remain active
for that project
* Various improvements to the Unix makefile, including $(DESTDIR)
support and an uninstall rule
* Autodetect FreeBSD-style include paths (/usr/include/lua5x/)

This release includes new code by George Roman, Ryan Hartlage,
Daurnimator and myself.

Thank you all for the excellent feedback for LuaRocks 3.0!

Cheers,

-- Hisham

Re: [ANN] LuaRocks 3.0.1

François Perrad

[...]

Hi Hisham,

at the end of the install, config-5.1.lua is installed as etc/luarocks/luarocks/config-5.1.lua
instead of etc/luarocks/config-5.1.lua like previously.

François

Cheers,

-- Hisham

Re: [ANN] LuaRocks 3.0.1

Hisham
On 14 August 2018 at 16:34, François Perrad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>    * configure: --sysconfdir was fixed to its correct meaning: it now
>> defaults to /etc and not /etc/luarocks (`/luarocks` is appended to the
>> value of sysconfdir)
>
> at the end of the install, config-5.1.lua is installed as
> etc/luarocks/luarocks/config-5.1.lua
> instead of etc/luarocks/config-5.1.lua like previously.

Hi François,

I could not reproduce the problem locally. Which steps did you take in
the build? (configure flags and make targets) Note that if you were
using --sysconfdir=/etc/luarocks explicitly earlier, that now needs to
be changed to --sysconfdir=/etc

-- Hisham

Re: [ANN] LuaRocks 3.0.1

François Perrad

On 14 August 2018 at 16:34, François Perrad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>    * configure: --sysconfdir was fixed to its correct meaning: it now
>> defaults to /etc and not /etc/luarocks (`/luarocks` is appended to the
>> value of sysconfdir)
>
> at the end of the install, config-5.1.lua is installed as
> etc/luarocks/luarocks/config-5.1.lua
> instead of etc/luarocks/config-5.1.lua like previously.

Hi François,

I could not reproduce the problem locally. Which steps did you take in
the build? (configure flags and make targets) Note that if you were
using --sysconfdir=/etc/luarocks explicitly earlier, that now needs to
be changed to --sysconfdir=/etc

Hi Hisham,

I misse the change with --sysconfdir.

Thanks.