[ANN] Lua in Kernel for Linux

Pedro Tammela-2
Hey everyone,

Announcing the latest version of Lua in Kernel (lunatik) for Linux. It
supports all Linux versions from 2.6 up to 5.1 and can be loaded as a
kernel module. The entire port can be configured by editing the
luaconf.h to your needs.

Supported architectures are:
x86
x86-64
MIPS
ARM
ARM64

You may find all repositories here at https://github.com/luainkernel

Thank you,
Pedro

Pedro

Re: [ANN] Lua in Kernel for Linux

Pedro Tammela-2
> I has trying to figurer out what it can be used for??

In academia/research it has found its ways in Filesystems, Networking
and dynamic customization.

In production, it is being used in Firewalls.

Thanks,
Pedro

Jim

On 5/26/19, Pedro Tammela <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Announcing the latest version of Lua in Kernel (lunatik) for Linux. It
> supports all Linux versions from 2.6 up to 5.1 and can be loaded as a
> kernel module. The entire port can be configured by editing the
> luaconf.h to your needs.
>
> Supported architectures are:
> x86
> x86-64
> MIPS
> ARM
> ARM64

akin to NetBSD's use of Lua in the kernel:
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?intro+9lua+NetBSD-current
https://www.netbsd.org/~lneto/

though i do not know whether this is a loadable kernel module in NetBSD too
or if the Lua interpreter has been directly built into its kernel instead.

Re: [ANN] Lua in Kernel for Linux

Pierre Chapuis
On Sun, May 26, 2019, at 17:13, ronnie christsen wrote:
I has trying to figurer out what it can be used for??

Look at https://github.com/luainkernel/ulp-lua for an example.

Re: [ANN] Lua in Kernel for Linux

Marc Balmer

> Am 26.05.2019 um 21:46 schrieb Jim <[hidden email]>:
>
> On 5/26/19, Pedro Tammela <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Announcing the latest version of Lua in Kernel (lunatik) for Linux. It
>> supports all Linux versions from 2.6 up to 5.1 and can be loaded as a
>> kernel module. The entire port can be configured by editing the
>> luaconf.h to your needs.
>>
>> Supported architectures are:
>> x86
>> x86-64
>> MIPS
>> ARM
>> ARM64
>
> akin to NetBSD's use of Lua in the kernel:
> http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?intro+9lua+NetBSD-current
> https://www.netbsd.org/~lneto/
>
> though i do not know whether this is a loadable kernel module in NetBSD too
> or if the Lua interpreter has been directly built into its kernel instead.

As the author of it, I can confirm that it is a loadable kernel module.