[ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-34

RJP Computing
We are proud to announce the next release of Lua for Windows (LfW). Read the changelog for more information. Enjoy.

We are completely moving to GoogleCode for all future developments. When LuaForge it back and all

Homepage:

Lua for Windows is a 'batteries included environment' for the Lua scripting language on Windows.

Lua for Windows combines Lua binaries, Lua libraries with a Lua-capable editor in a single install package for the Microsoft Windows operating system. Lua for Windows contains everything you need to write, run and debug Lua scripts on Windows. A wide variety of libraries and examples are included that are ready to use with Microsoft WindowsLua for Windows runs on Windows 2000 and newer versions of WindowsLua and its associated libraries are also available for other operating systems, so most scripts will be automatically cross-platform.

Changelog:

03/18/2010  Version 5.1.4-34
^ Updated Penlight to version 0.8.1

Re: [ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-34

sagasw
When could make Luarock into it?

------------------------------------
C++, Lua, living in Dalian
http://sunxiunan.com/
http://twitter.com/sagasw
------------------------------------

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:50 AM, RJP Computing <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ryan Pusztai

When LuaRocks v2.0 is released for Windows. Right now it is not officially released for Windows. We are testing it currently. I believe that there is a beta version available that can be merged right into the LfW root directory.  Please try it and let the community know how it goes.
Ryan

On Mar 18, 2010 9:42 PM, "sagasw" <[hidden email]> wrote:

When could make Luarock into it?

------------------------------------
C++, Lua, living in Dalian
http://sunxiunan.com/
http://twitter.com/sagasw
------------------------------------

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:50 AM, RJP Computing <[hidden email]> wrote: > > We are proud t...

Re: [ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-34

Fabio Mascarenhas
Download http://luarocks.org/luarocks-2.0.2-lfw-beta3.zip and unpack
it on top of your Lua for Windows tree. Good to know that the LfW devs
are testing it, if you run into any problems please send a message to
the luarocks-developers mailing list
(http://luaforge.net/mail/?group_id=220).

--
Fabio Mascarenhas

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Ryan Pusztai <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When LuaRocks v2.0 is released for Windows. Right now it is not officially
> released for Windows. We are testing it currently. I believe that there is a
> beta version available that can be merged right into the LfW root
> directory.  Please try it and let the community know how it goes.
> --
> Regards,
> Ryan
>
> On Mar 18, 2010 9:42 PM, "sagasw" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> When could make Luarock into it?
>
> ------------------------------------
> C++, Lua, living in Dalian
> http://sunxiunan.com/
> http://twitter.com/sagasw
> ------------------------------------
>
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:50 AM, RJP Computing <[hidden email]>
> wrote: > > We are proud t...

Re: [ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-34

Stuart P. Bentley
The site on LuaForge still reads the latest version as 5.1.4-30.

> it on top of your Lua for Windows tree. Good to know that the LfW devs
> are testing it, if you run into any problems please send a message to
> the luarocks-developers mailing list
> (http://luaforge.net/mail/?group_id=220).
>
> --
> Fabio Mascarenhas
>

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Ryan Pusztai <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> When LuaRocks v2.0 is released for Windows. Right now it is not
>> officially
>> released for Windows. We are testing it currently. I believe that there
>> is a
>> beta version available that can be merged right into the LfW root
>> directory.  Please try it and let the community know how it goes.
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Ryan
>>
>> On Mar 18, 2010 9:42 PM, "sagasw" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> When could make Luarock into it?
>>
>> ------------------------------------
>> C++, Lua, living in Dalian
>> http://sunxiunan.com/
>> http://twitter.com/sagasw
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:50 AM, RJP Computing <[hidden email]>
>> wrote: > > We are proud t...

Re: [ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-34

Andrew Wilson-4
The LuaForge site is out of sync the new project home is google code.
The link from Luaforge now points to google code lfw home page.
Andrew

On Friday, March 19, 2010, Stuart P. Bentley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The site on LuaForge still reads the latest version as 5.1.4-30.

Yes we know.  LuaForge is cripled and we can not update it so we are moving all updates to GoogleCode until LuaForge is back in it's new form. We did try to redirect the projects home page to GoogleCode, but that is only when you click on the link from the raw project page.  We would like to just redirect you to GoogleCode, but we can't ftp up the simple redirect script. :( Hope that explains it.
Ryan