[ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-30 Released

[ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-30 Released

RJP Computing
We are proud to announce the next release of Lua for Windows (LfW). Read the changelog for more information. Enjoy.

Homepage:

Lua for Windows is a 'batteries included environment' for the Lua scripting language on Windows.

Lua for Windows combines Lua binaries, Lua libraries with a Lua-capable editor in a single install package for the Microsoft Windows operating system. Lua for Windows contains everything you need to write, run and debug Lua scripts on Windows. A wide variety of libraries and examples are included that are ready to use with Microsoft Windows. Lua for Windows runs on Windows 2000 and newer versions of Windows. Lua and its associated libraries are also available for other operating systems, so most scripts will be automatically cross-platform.

Changelog:

5.1.4-30 [15/Sept/2009] 17th release
+ Added lbase64 module.
+ Added gzio module
^ Updated stdlib to Release 12.
Ryan

Re: [ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-30 Released

Πετσαγγουράκης Γιώργος
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-30 Released

RJP Computing
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:00 PM, George Petsagourakis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great release, gzip access finally ! :)

Thanks for all your work!

Thanks and sorry it took so long.
Ryan

Re: [ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-30 Released

Linker
Could you build lfw with the dlmalloc?
It will make it faster.
Thanks!

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 02:31, RJP Computing <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Linker Lin

Re: [ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-30 Released

steve donovan

But by how much? And for what tasks?

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 16:08, steve donovan <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Linker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Could you build lfw with the dlmalloc?
> It will make it faster.

But by how much? And for what tasks?
FYI

Re: [ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-30 Released

Andrew Wilson-4
Hi Linker

Lua for Windows, uses standard Lua binaries & community generated
libraries & Scite enabled Lua editor/debugger. LfW project doesn't
compile code, we aggregate existing libraries & make easy standalone
Lua install package.

Cheers
Andrew

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 4:44 AM, Linker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 16:08, steve donovan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Linker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Could you build lfw with the dlmalloc?
>> > It will make it faster.
>>
>> But by how much? And for what tasks?
>
> FYI
> http://g.oswego.edu/dl/html/malloc.html
> http://memoryallocators.com/research/allocators1.html
>

> --
> Regards,
> Linker Lin

Re: [ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-30 Released

sagasw
Hi Linker,

I think you mean compiling the Lua with new malloc function. Why do you do it yourself?

Well

http://sunxiunan.com

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Andrew Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Linker

Lua for Windows, uses standard Lua binaries & community generated
libraries & Scite enabled Lua editor/debugger. LfW project doesn't
compile code, we aggregate existing libraries & make easy standalone
Lua install package.

Cheers
Andrew

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 4:44 AM, Linker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 16:08, steve donovan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Linker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Could you build lfw with the dlmalloc?
>> > It will make it faster.
>>
>> But by how much? And for what tasks?
>
> FYI
> http://g.oswego.edu/dl/html/malloc.html
> http://memoryallocators.com/research/allocators1.html
>

> --
> Regards,
> Linker Lin

Re: [ANN] Lua for Windows v5.1.4-30 Released

Long Cheng
In some of our workloads, profiling result shows that lua + msvc8 could
result in spending more than 80% execution time in *RtlReallocateHeap*.
Google tcmalloc (both windows and linux version) and linux glibc are all
fine.

sagasw 写道: