[ANN] Lua Quick Reference Book Pre-order

[ANN] Lua Quick Reference Book Pre-order

Mitchell-2
Hi,

I'm happy to announce that my upcoming book "Lua Quick Reference" is now
available for pre-order at https://foicica.com/lua/. It is slated for
publication early next month (July). On the website you will find an
excerpt from the book and some additional information. For your
convenience I have included the book's description below. Thanks for your
time!

Lua is a small, fast, powerful, and embeddable scripting language. It is
well-suited for use in video games, application scripting, embedded
devices, and nearly anywhere else a scripting language is needed. This
quick reference contains a wealth of knowledge on how to program and embed
Lua, whether it is Lua 5.3, 5.2, or 5.1. It groups the language's features
and C API in a convenient and easy-to-use manner, while clearly marking
the differences between Lua versions.

This book covers:

* Lua syntax, expressions, and statements
* Metatables and metamethods
* Object-oriented programming with Lua
* Creating and working with Lua and C Modules
* Lua's standard library and its C API
* Collaborative multi-threading in Lua and C
* How to embed and use Lua within a host
* And much more

Cheers,
Mitchell