[ANN] Firestr 0.5 released with Lua 5.3 support.

[ANN] Firestr 0.5 released with Lua 5.3 support.

mempko
Hello All,

I just released Fire★ 0.5 with Lua 5.3 support.

You can download binaries for Linux, Mac, and Windows here:

     http://firestr.com

You can find the source here:

     https://github.com/mempko/firestr

If there are bugs, please submit them here:

     https://github.com/mempko/firestr/issues

Or post them to the mailing list

     [hidden email]

Hope you guys enjoy my project. Lua is fantastic and was my first choice
when I decided which programming language to use for Fire★ apps.

Cheers,
Max

Re: [ANN] Firestr 0.5 released with Lua 5.3 support.

Lorenzo Donati-3

On 16/01/2015 22:59, mempko wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I just released Fire★ 0.5 with Lua 5.3 support.
>
> You can download binaries for Linux, Mac, and Windows here:
>
>      http://firestr.com
>
> You can find the source here:
>
>      https://github.com/mempko/firestr
>
> If there are bugs, please submit them here:
>
>      https://github.com/mempko/firestr/issues
>
> Or post them to the mailing list
>
>      [hidden email]
>
> Hope you guys enjoy my project. Lua is fantastic and was my first choice
> when I decided which programming language to use for Fire★ apps.
>
> Cheers,
> Max

Hi! Just a reminder: it is customary on this list that an announcement
for a project (even an established one) should start with a brief
description of the project itself and its scope. A couple of lines may
suffice, e.g.:

"Waterstorm is a C library for Lua 5.3 allowing fast decoding/encoding
of packets in Glurble protocol on embedded Citrux platforms." :-)

This is to avoid forcing people to click links just to discover the
project is not interesting for them.

Cheers!

-- Lorenzo

Re: [ANN] Firestr 0.5 released with Lua 5.3 support.

mempko
Lorenzo,

Yes, sorry, of course!

Firestr is a platform for writing distributed P2P applications.

The applications are written in Lua and Firestr provides an API for writing them.

You create conversations with people in your contact list and distributing apps is as simple as using them in a converation.

There is a built in App editor for writing these applications and testing them out.

I have several sample apps on the website.

--
Sent from my Jolla