64-bit Number Support

Joshua Boyce-2
Hello all, I'm currently working on an application which provides an API for manipulating processes and their memory under Windows using Lua and LuaBind. The problem I'm having at the moment is that under 64-bit builds of the application I am unable to use 64-bit numbers (I get an unregistered type error). I attempted to rectify this by providing a specialization of luabind::default_converter but all my attempts simply caused the 64-bit number to be truncated to a 32-bit one. I am using MSVC10 and I have confirmed that the type used for lua_Integer (ptrdiff_t) is 64-bits on my platform so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Help in this matter would be appreciated as if I'm unable to fix this I will have to drop support for Lua and rewrite everything to use a different scripting language. Something which I'm hoping I can avoid.

Thanks in advance.