Marc Balmer
I whish all Lua'ers a nice 2012, especially those of you that I had the pleasure to meet during the Lua Workshop in Frick.

As for the Lua Workshop 2012 I suggest to hold it in Samoa on december 30...

- Marc

Re: 2012

Patrick Rapin
> As for the Lua Workshop 2012 I suggest to hold it in Samoa on december 30...

Another suggestion: on December, 21 at Bugarach [1]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugarach

Re: 2012

eugeny gladkih
On 31.12.2011 21:38, Marc Balmer wrote:
> I whish all Lua'ers a nice 2012, especially those of you that I had the pleasure to meet during the Lua Workshop in Frick.

Happy New Year, guys and Lua team especially! thank you for the gift! :)

Re: 2012

Alexander Gladysh
On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 21:38, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I whish all Lua'ers a nice 2012, especially those of you that I had the pleasure to meet during the Lua Workshop in Frick.

Happy New 5.2 Year, everyone!

> As for the Lua Workshop 2012 I suggest to hold it in Samoa on december 30...

Too long to wait! Let there be two workshops in 2012 then! :-)

Alexander.

Re: 2012

Rena
On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 11:45, Alexander Gladysh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 21:38, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I whish all Lua'ers a nice 2012, especially those of you that I had the pleasure to meet during the Lua Workshop in Frick.
>
> Happy New 5.2 Year, everyone!
>
>> As for the Lua Workshop 2012 I suggest to hold it in Samoa on december 30...
>
> Too long to wait! Let there be two workshops in 2012 then! :-)
>
> Alexander.

Come on, a Lua workshop in 2012? Clearly it needs to be held on the
moon. We have a year to figure it out, gogogo!

Sent from my toaster.

Re: 2012

Alex Queiroz
On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 2:05 AM, HyperHacker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Come on, a Lua workshop in 2012? Clearly it needs to be held on the
> moon. We have a year to figure it out, gogogo!

Given that I missed even the one here in Switzerland, I have no hope
of meeting you guys on the Moon...

--
-alex
http://www.artisancoder.com/

Re: 2012

Matthew Frazier
Just out of curiosity, who would be willing/able to come to Lua Workshop if it was in Raleigh, North Carolina?

Thanks,
Matthew Frazier
http://leafstorm.us/

Re: 2012

Marc Balmer
Am 02.01.12 22:09, schrieb Matthew Frazier:
> Just out of curiosity, who would be willing/able to come to Lua Workshop if it was in Raleigh, North Carolina?

Not me, I don't travel to the US of A, for political reasons.  As long
as the frontier police has the right to seize my laptop and my data for
no reason, I won't travel to this country.

Re: 2012

Petite Abeille

On Jan 2, 2012, at 10:18 PM, Marc Balmer wrote:

> As long
> as the frontier police has the right to seize my laptop and my data for
> no reason, I won't travel to this country.

Then you should never cross any borders, not even the one with Liechtenstein.

In the meantime:

Defending Privacy at the U.S. Border: A Guide for Travelers Carrying Digital Devices
https://www.eff.org/wp/defending-privacy-us-border-guide-travelers-carrying-digital-devices

Also:

New Year's Resolution: Full Disk Encryption on Every Computer You Own
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/12/newyears-resolution-full-disk-encryption-every-computer-you-own

On that cheery note, Happy New Year to all :)

Re: 2012

Max de Bayser
> New Year's Resolution: Full Disk Encryption on Every Computer You Own
> https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/12/newyears-resolution-full-disk-encryption-every-computer-you-own

I did that once, I encrypted even my swap partition. Hibernating was slooooow...

Re: 2012

It was thus said that the Great Matthew Frazier once stated:
> Just out of curiosity, who would be willing/able to come to Lua Workshop
> if it was in Raleigh, North Carolina?

  I would probably attend one in Raleigh.

  -spc

Re: 2012

Timothy Hunter

Easy. I'm in Durham & could probably bring a couple of co-workers.

On Jan 2, 2012, at 4:09 PM, Matthew Frazier wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, who would be willing/able to come to Lua Workshop if it was in Raleigh, North Carolina?
>
> Thanks,
> Matthew Frazier
> http://leafstorm.us/

Re: 2012

Thomas Fletcher
I would consider attending
It was thus said that the Great Matthew Frazier once stated:
> Just out of curiosity, who would be willing/able to come to Lua Workshop
> if it was in Raleigh, North Carolina?

  I would probably attend one in Raleigh.

  -spc

Crank Software
www.cranksoftware.com

Re: 2012

Rena
On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 17:42, Max de Bayser <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> New Year's Resolution: Full Disk Encryption on Every Computer You Own
>> https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/12/newyears-resolution-full-disk-encryption-every-computer-you-own
>
> I did that once, I encrypted even my swap partition. Hibernating was slooooow...

Well if you don't encrypt swap, the encryption isn't terribly useful
as you now have an unencrypted copy of potentially anything in RAM
stored on the disk... trick is to have enough RAM that you rarely use
swap.

Personally I approach such things with a "why not?" attitude - for
virtually no effort I gain significant security. (I don't notice any
drop in speed, and though I have to enter one more password to unlock
the disk, I can also safely disable the local login prompt beyond
that, so the change is neutralized.)

Sent from my toaster.

Re: 2012

Tim Mensch
On 1/2/2012 2:09 PM, Matthew Frazier wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, who would be willing/able to come to Lua Workshop if it was in Raleigh, North Carolina?

There's a chance I could come, depending, though I'd be more tempted by a touristy destination. :)

Anyone for Boulder, Colorado, for instance? Or somewhere else nearby that isn't so expensive? :)

Tim

Re: 2012

Michael Newberry

Boulder is a great choice.
On 1/2/2012 2:09 PM, Matthew Frazier wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, who would be willing/able to come to Lua Workshop if it was in Raleigh, North Carolina?

There's a chance I could come, depending, though I'd be more tempted by a touristy destination. :)

Anyone for Boulder, Colorado, for instance? Or somewhere else nearby that isn't so expensive? :)

Tim

Re: 2012

Tim Mensch
On 1/2/2012 8:24 PM, Michael Newberry wrote:
> Boulder is a great choice.

Full disclosure: I live in Boulder. But it is more touristy, so if I didn't live here, I'd be more tempted by it. :)

On the other hand, if there were a groundswell of support, I could look into locations and local details pretty easily.

Tim

Re: 2012

It was thus said that the Great Tim Mensch once stated:
> On 1/2/2012 2:09 PM, Matthew Frazier wrote:
> > Just out of curiosity, who would be willing/able to come to Lua
> Workshop if it was in Raleigh, North Carolina?
>
> There's a chance I could come, depending, though I'd be more tempted by
> a touristy destination. :)
>
> Anyone for Boulder, Colorado, for instance? Or somewhere else nearby
> that isn't so expensive? :)

  Boulder would be out of my travel range.

  -spc

Re: 2012

Mark Hamburg
On Jan 2, 2012, at 7:19 PM, Tim Mensch wrote:

Anyone for Boulder, Colorado, for instance? Or somewhere else nearby that isn't so expensive? :)

I would absolutely be all over Boulder.

Mark

Re: 2012

Jim Whitehead II
On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Mark Hamburg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2012, at 7:19 PM, Tim Mensch wrote:
>
> Anyone for Boulder, Colorado, for instance? Or somewhere else nearby that
> isn't so expensive? :)
>

> I would absolutely be all over Boulder.

I would definitely consider Boulder!

12